[Linux-parport] External IDE HDD drive

Mukund JB. mukundjb at esntechnologies.co.in
Mon Nov 14 00:15:31 EST 2005

That is the inbulid in mount command.
When you try to mount a device without specifying the filesyetem on it, the mount command internally will parse the disk drive and based on the data on the disk partition table & fs info in the partition you are trying to mount it guesses the file syteem and perform that filesystem specific checks and tries to mount it.

Mukund Jampala