[Linux-parport] backpack cd-rewriter, Model 190127, series 6 driver ( HELP, I'm going nutz )

AL Crowley alc at micro-solutions.com
Mon Sep 27 17:06:54 EDT 2004

Louis,

Looking at the output you provided, it appears the drive mechanism itself
is not being recognized. Do you know for sure this Backpack works? If you
connect it to a Windows machine with our driver installed does it get a
drive letter, and more importantly, can you read from it?

Also, with this particular model Backpack it is very important that the
power be connected to the back of the Backpack first, then attached to the
wall outlet or power strip. If this is not done, the drive can sometimes be
put into a non-responsive state.