[Linux-parport] Parport signals stability with SiS chipset

tdlt at cecm.usp.br tdlt at cecm.usp.br
Thu Mar 18 13:10:45 GMT 2004

	I do not know how to frob the data pins, but only the control
	pins through ppdev.

	I do not believe this is the problem because the problem occurs
	even when I send only one byte to the data pins.

	Example:

	data pins: 00011001
	byte sent to data pins: 11111111
	data pins for a few microseconds: 11111111
	data pins after that few microseconds: 000110001

	After the boot proccess, the data pins is something as 00011001
	(I will confirm the pins state), but I don't know why.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 05:29:45PM -0800, Nate Jenkins wrote:

> I was under the impression that when you try to write another byte that the
> voltage would drop.  I have never used frobbing but I thought that if you
> frobbed that only the specific pins that needed to change would do so, while
> the ones not needing to change would maintain voltage.
>
> Nate
>
> "Maybe I read the wrong fictional novel?"

Thiago A. M. Delatorre