WTF is going on with the nvme-cli build

Daniel Wagner dwagner at suse.de
Mon Apr 17 02:14:36 PDT 2023

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 06:02:24PM +0900, Damien Le Moal wrote:
> Not sure why as in Fedora, pkg-config is a shim layer on top of pkgconf provided
> by pkgconf-pkg-config package. But I cannot uninstall pkgconf-pkg-config as it
> is used by gnome-shell.

Didn't know about this new implementation of pkg-config. I found some explenation
here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/pkgconf_as_system_pkg-config_implementation

> Looks like something is broken in Fedora Not sure what as
> /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/json-c.pc is perfectly fine, pointing at /usr/include/json-c.
>
> But I would still say that it is probably time to update to pkgconf :)

FWIW, you can specify which pkg-config implementation meson should use via the cross
ini file. For example here is the one for using clang instead of gcc:

  [binaries]
  c = 'clang'
  cpp = 'clang++'
  strip = 'strip'