WTF is going on with the nvme-cli build

Damien Le Moal dlemoal at kernel.org
Mon Apr 17 02:02:24 PDT 2023

On 4/17/23 17:44, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 07:49:42PM +0900, Damien Le Moal wrote:
>  All the time... And I do have the json development headers installed:
>>
>> /usr/include/json-c/json.h
>>
>> But the compile command does not add -I/usr/include/json-c: it uses the broken
>> default /usr/local/include/json-c. No normal distro install anything in
>> /usr/local...
>>
>> And that is despite the fact that meson setup says:
>>
>> Run-time dependency json-c found: YES 0.15
>>
>> Something is not right.
>
> meson uses pkg-config (and cmake) to find all the dependency. I suspect the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH contains /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. Can you check the
> pkg-config configuration?

Yeah. The problem is there. pkgconf gives the correct path:

$ pkgconf --cflags json-c
-I/usr/include/json-c

But pkg-config is broken:

$ pkg-config  --cflags json-c
-I/usr/local/include/json-c

Not sure why as in Fedora, pkg-config is a shim layer on top of pkgconf provided
by pkgconf-pkg-config package. But I cannot uninstall pkgconf-pkg-config as it
is used by gnome-shell.

Looks like something is broken in Fedora Not sure what as
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/json-c.pc is perfectly fine, pointing at /usr/include/json-c.

But I would still say that it is probably time to update to pkgconf :)