can't run nvme-mp blktests

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Fri Apr 15 11:09:33 PDT 2022

On 4/15/22 10:59, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> That's about 3 block folks not being sure whether or not it helps. And
> the complexities of it, to test it, requiring a different kernel seems
> just stupid. So I'm going to drop the tests from kdevops and not bother
> with them.

How about modifying the nvmeof-mp tests such that these use NVMe
multipathing instead of the dm-multipath driver?

> With regards to srp tests there seems to be two modules to use. Do we
> want to prioritize both just as much? If so then I'll just create two
> guests for srp tests.

The rdma_rxe driver is older than the siw (Soft-iWARP) driver. That's why
the rdma_rxe driver is the default for the SRP tests. Ideally it shouldn't
matter whether the rdma_rxe or the siw driver is used for the SRP tests.
There has been a time when the rdma_rxe driver worked perfectly when running
the SRP tests. Unfortunately that is no longer the case ...

Thanks,

Bart.