can't run nvme-mp blktests

Luis Chamberlain mcgrof at kernel.org
Fri Apr 15 10:59:37 PDT 2022

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 05:58:16AM +0000, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> On 4/14/22 22:20, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 03:46:16PM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> >> I'm not sure whether the nvme-mp tests test any code that is not yet tested by
> >> any nvme or srp test. How about removing these tests since these tests make
> >> it harder than necessary to run blktests?
> >
> > I haven't looked at the details recently, but if these tests still are
> > basically a copy and paste of the srp mpath tests I'm all for removing
> > them!
>
> If it doesn't add a new test coverage in the blktest framework
> then please remove.

That's about 3 block folks not being sure whether or not it helps. And
the complexities of it, to test it, requiring a different kernel seems
just stupid. So I'm going to drop the tests from kdevops and not bother
with them.

With regards to srp tests there seems to be two modules to use. Do we
want to prioritize both just as much? If so then I'll just create two
guests for srp tests.

  Luis