nvme tcp receive errors

Keith Busch kbusch at kernel.org
Mon May 10 19:30:40 BST 2021

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:18:24AM -0700, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

> > Sagi,
> >
> > Just wanted to give you an update on where we're at with this.
> >
> > All tests run with your earlier patch removing the inline dispatch from
> > nvme_tcp_queue_request() are successful. At this point, I am leaning to
> > remove that optimization from mainline.
>
> Thanks Keith,
>
> Did you run it with the extra information debug patch I sent you? What
> I'm concerned about is that given that you have the only environment
> where this reproduces, and this is removed it will be very difficult
> to add it back in.
>
> Also, what about the read issue? that one is still unresolved from
> my PoV.

The test team reports no issues for both read and write tests with the
inline dispatch removed. That single patch appears to resolve all
problems. Sorry, I should have clarified that initially.

We will go back to the extra debug from last week on top of a pristine
mainline kernel. There's been some confusion of which patches to apply
on top of others in the mix, but I'm getting better at coordinating
that.