libnvme questions

Keith Busch kbusch at kernel.org
Wed Apr 7 22:34:36 BST 2021

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 05:29:46PM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> On 3/31/21 4:54 PM, Keith Busch wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 04:15:24PM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> > > Hi Keith,

> > > Any updates here?
> > > We've got some changes/reworks pending (the nvme monitor stuff, and also
> > > a new configuration file mechanism with using a json config file), and
> > > it would be good to know what would be the appropriate base for all of this.
> > >
> > > We could give you a helping hand in moving nvme-cli over to nvmelib if
> > > that's an issue ...
> >
> > Thank you, yes, that would be appreciated. I've ported it a couple
> > times, but I keep having to rebase. It's not terribly difficult, but it
> > takes a lot of time..
> >
> Can you send me your latest attempts?
> That should be a good starting point, and probably avoids some work on our
> side ...

Sorry for the long delay. I thought it was going to be a quick effort to
make that available, but it wasn't so simple. I just popped all the git
stashes I had around and integrated them into a branch I started last
month. The result is here:

  https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli/tree/libnvme-int-3.4.2021

It's reasonably complete and tests fine for the commands that I can
execute.