NVMe IO error due to abort..

Jens Axboe axboe at kernel.dk
Fri Feb 24 18:44:05 PST 2017

On 02/24/2017 05:47 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>> I may have been able to reproduce it once, but I'm not sure how easily
>> I'll repro it again, so..
>
> I'm not seeing it with current git and the NOOP scheduler, at least
> with a few builds and trying to do what I did to get it to happen last
> time.
>
> But I think I'll continue to use this configuration for the rest of
> the merge window just to make sure it's stable. I may not have hit the
> right trigger for the problem.

I have an XPS13 sitting that I don't use anymore. It's nvme as well, but
I don't think it's a Toshiba drive (nor is it 1TB). I will fire that up
with the new kernel as well and see if I catch anything. But it's most
puzzling if this is related to the drive, since I've run this on lots of
other nvme drives. I'm more inclined to think it's related to your dm
setup.

It's fine if you run the rest of the merge window like that, hopefully
I'll get something concrete out of some testing with dm.

--
Jens Axboe