[PATCH v6 0/3] SED OPAL Library
scott.bauer at intel.com
Fri Feb 3 11:50:29 PST 2017
Changes from v5->v6:
1) Fixed comments from last review From Christoph
2) Rebased code on top of Jens' for-next
3) Explicitly aligned the structs in the uapi
This Patch series implements a large portion of the Opal protocol for
self encrypting devices. The driver has the capability of storing a
locking range's password. The password can then be replayed
during a resume from previous suspend-to-RAM.
The driver also supports logic to bring the device out of a factory
default-inactive state into a functional Opal state.
The following logic is supported in order to bring the tper into a
1) Taking Ownership of the drive (Setting the Admin CPIN).
2) Activating the Locking SP (In Single User Mode or Normal Mode).
3) Setting up Locking Ranges (Single User or Normal Mode).
4) Adding users to Locking Ranges (Normal Mode Only).
5) Locking or Unlocking Locking Ranges (Single User Mode or Normal Mode).
6) Reverting the TPer (Restore to factory default).
7) Setting LR/User passwords (Single User Mode or Normal Mode).
8) Enabling/disabling Shadow MBR.
9) Enabling Users in the LockingSP (Normal Mode Only).
10) Saving Password for resume from suspend.
11) Erase and Secure erasing locking ranges.
Scott Bauer (3):
Include: Uapi: Add user ABI for Sed/Opal
block: Add Sed-opal library
nvme: Add Support for Opal: Unlock from S3 & Opal Allocation/Ioctls
MAINTAINERS | 11 +
block/Kconfig | 7 +
block/Makefile | 1 +
block/opal_proto.h | 429 ++++++++
block/sed-opal.c | 2448 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/nvme/host/core.c | 25 +
drivers/nvme/host/nvme.h | 14 +
drivers/nvme/host/pci.c | 7 +
include/linux/sed-opal.h | 178 +++
include/uapi/linux/sed-opal.h | 118 ++
10 files changed, 3238 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 block/opal_proto.h
create mode 100644 block/sed-opal.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/sed-opal.h
create mode 100644 include/uapi/linux/sed-opal.h
More information about the Linux-nvme