NVMe and IRQ Affinity

Mark Jacobson mark_jacobson at stackvelocity.com
Tue Feb 2 16:13:23 PST 2016

In that case, please forgive the silly questions, as I am not an
experienced kernel developer by any means...  (I'm just looking for
enough information go Googling. I won't ask much more down that line
of questioning, as I know this list is not for that purpose.)

1. When you say out-of-tree, do you mean a loadable kernel module?
(My understanding is that the NVMe driver is now part of the mainline
Linux kernel source tree, so I'm a bit confused as to where to nab
that from.)
2. Does the upstream 4.4.1 kernel have any of these fixes if I were to
build it myself with the appropriate support ticked off?

Also, thank you very much for the quick response and assistance. I
really appreciate the help. :)
Thank you,

Mark Jacobson
Software Test Engineer