NVMe and IRQ Affinity

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Tue Feb 2 15:58:19 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 12:50:06AM +0100, Mark Jacobson wrote:
> Output is below. I'm aware the distro hints are fairly invalid.

They're all invalid. This kernel must have forked before the affinity
hints were fixed for a blk-mq nvme driver. A more optimal affinity hint
would match the mq's cpu_list, which is how it looks upstream.

I guess your platform strongly prefers CPU 0 when allowed. You can
either manually override the smp_affinity, use an out-of-tree driver
with a fix and let irqbalance handle it.