[PATCH] dt-bindings: mtd: arasan: Add ZynqMP props

Rob Herring robh at kernel.org
Fri Sep 25 05:20:03 PDT 2026


On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 11:16:21AM +0200, Miquel Raynal wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> 
> > +  num-cs:
> > +    $ref: /schemas/types.yaml#/definitions/uint32
> > +    minimum: 1
> > +    maximum: 2
> 
> I am not sure I get what is the purpose of this property. It looks like
> a downstream property resurfacing. We expect one DT subnode per chip, so
> I don't see the need for num-cs, we just need to count the children
> nodes. For me, the correct fix is to drop num-cs from the upstream DT.
> The only real use for it would be if the hardware could be synthesized
> differently, with a single CS instead of 2, but I don't think it's the
> case here.

Indeed.

> > +
> > +  power-domains:
> > +    maxItems: 1
> 
> This one, even though we don't actively use it in Linux, it may serve a
> real purpose.

The driver core takes care of 'power-domains', so how is it not used?

Rob




More information about the linux-mtd mailing list