[PATCH] dt-bindings: mtd: arasan: Add ZynqMP props

Miquel Raynal miquel.raynal at bootlin.com
Fri Sep 25 02:16:21 PDT 2026


Hi Rob,

> +  num-cs:
> +    $ref: /schemas/types.yaml#/definitions/uint32
> +    minimum: 1
> +    maximum: 2

I am not sure I get what is the purpose of this property. It looks like
a downstream property resurfacing. We expect one DT subnode per chip, so
I don't see the need for num-cs, we just need to count the children
nodes. For me, the correct fix is to drop num-cs from the upstream DT.
The only real use for it would be if the hardware could be synthesized
differently, with a single CS instead of 2, but I don't think it's the
case here.

> +
> +  power-domains:
> +    maxItems: 1

This one, even though we don't actively use it in Linux, it may serve a
real purpose.

Thanks,
Miquèl



More information about the linux-mtd mailing list