EM016LXQAB313CS1T

Michael Walle michael at walle.cc
Thu Oct 5 01:32:16 PDT 2023

Hi,

> as far as you know,
> is there some development ongoing for the EM016LXQAB313CS1T
> mram ?

No, in fact, we'd like to get rid of these MRAM devices as they don't
have anything to do with NOR flashes - or move them over to the at25
driver.

Now I see that this part is rather new, supports faster modes and
even DTR, emulates erase op codes, etc. But they are lacking SFDP
support..

You might get away with adding an entry to the database with it's ID.
But please *don't* use the SPI_NOR_NO_ERASE.

I'm curious, do you have a board with that chip? If so, why don't you
use a cheaper NOR flash? Genuine question.

> On mainline i only see
>
>         /* Everspin MRAMs (non-JEDEC) */
>         { "mr25h128" }, /* 128 Kib, 40 MHz */
>         { "mr25h256" }, /* 256 Kib, 40 MHz */
>         { "mr25h10" },  /*   1 Mib, 40 MHz */
>         { "mr25h40" },

Btw, have a look at the new linux-next. that format has changed.

-michael