mtd layer: support of hybrid flash(W25M161AW) having both NOR and NAND flash

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Fri Jan 5 05:44:44 PST 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 14:38:48 +0100
Jonas Gorski <jonas.gorski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 January 2018 at 11:21, Prabhakar Kushwaha
> <prabhakar.kushwaha at nxp.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Boris for the encouragement.

Yep, I thought about this approach, and it's indeed quite elegant, but
we're missing the lock I was mentioning in my previous reply. We need
to prevent die selection not only for the time we're sending a single
SPI message, but for the whole operation (which can be formed of
several SPI messages). Or maybe I'm wrong, and operations can actually
be interleaved, but I wouldn't bet on that ;-).