Enable notifications for linux-mtd

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 8 00:22:33 PST 2017

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 09:29:35 +0800
Jeremy Kerr <jk at ozlabs.org> wrote:

> Hi Boris,
>
> > Is there a way to send notifications to the submitter/author when the
> > status of a linux-mtd patch is changed?
>
> Absolutely - that's just something I can turn on in your project's
> config. I assume your co-maintainers are OK with this?

I now for sure that Richard is fine with that. Cyrille, Marek, Brian,
any problem with enabling notifications for linux-mtd?

> > Not sure we'll need a notification for any kind of change, but having
> > one when the patch is marked as Accepted would be good.
>
> Currently, the notifications are for all state changes (there's no
> config to do it selectively). Will this be a problem?

No, that's fine. It's just that notifying when the state moves to
'Changes Requested' is a bit redundant, because the review would attest
that. Same goes for 'Superseded', the user is already aware that his
new version supersedes the old one. Anyway, it's really not a big deal,
and I'd be happy with notifications for all state changes.

Thanks,

Boris