WP# line on flash chip?

Daniel Ehrenberg dehrenberg at google.com
Thu Jan 8 11:00:03 PST 2015

In designs I've worked on, the WP# line is only low initially when
coming out of reset in order to prevent random signals that might go
on the bus from messing up the state of the chip. You can hold it high
the rest of the time. So it's not typically controlled by the kernel
but by simple structures on the board itself. In fact, the kernel
can't drive it appropriately because the important time to hold it low
is before the kernel is up (or actually it can go low sooner than
that), and by the time the kernel is up, it's fine to have it high all
the time.

Dan