[MLC NAND]: data pattern sensivity

Jeff Lauruhn (jlauruhn) jlauruhn at micron.com
Tue Apr 7 10:45:59 PDT 2015

I read back through the posts and I think we are talking about 2 separate things, random read time and randomization.

Rand Read (tR) assumes you are doing a single read of a page (worst case), but most data is stored in blocks sequentially, so data output can be improve significantly by read by taking advantage of commands like READ PAGE CACHE SEQUENTIAL which copies the next sequential page from the NAND Flash array to the data register.

Randomization is a relatively new feature, I'm no expert, but it's in general we know there are some distributions that are worse than others, and by randomizing the data we can avoid worst case and improve endurance.

Jeff Lauruhn
NAND Application Engineer
Embedded Business Unit
Micron Technology, Inc