UBIFS becomes read-only when written, then fails to mount

Tanya Brokhman tlinder at codeaurora.org
Wed Jun 18 05:32:31 PDT 2014

On 6/18/2014 2:45 PM, Matt Hevern wrote:

>>> I used the following commands:
>>>
>>> mkfs.ubifs -x "none" -m 2048 -r config -e 126976  -c 256 -o config.ubifs
>>

>> try adding the "-F" flag to mkfs.ubifs. let me know if it helps
>

> Hi Tanya,
>
> This issue doesn't seem to be easy for me to reproduce as it's only
> happened to me once in over 12 months of use.
> I don't really have any way to verify that the  '-F' space fixup works
> or not, and i'm not sure i can use it...
>   according to the man page kernel 3.0 is required, and ii'm running 2.6.35.3.
>
> Is there something in the logs which makes you suspect that this
> problem is related to the -F 'fix up free space' mechanism ?
>
> Matt

yes. this part:
UBI: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 492
   ubiblka: unknown partition table
   ubiblkb: unknown partition table
   ubiblkc: unknown partition table
   ubiblkd: unknown partition table
   ubiblke: unknown partition table
i'm working with kernel3.10 but i was having similar issues until i
started creating the img with "-F". I don't remember the exact error i
got but i think it was also something on mount or first write issued to
device.

--
QUALCOMM ISRAEL, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation