UBIFS becomes read-only when written, then fails to mount

Matt Hevern matt.hevern at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 04:45:42 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Tanya Brokhman <tlinder at codeaurora.org> wrote:

>>> How did you create your ubifs and ubi images?
>>

>> I used the following commands:
>>
>> mkfs.ubifs -x "none" -m 2048 -r config -e 126976  -c 256 -o config.ubifs
>

> try adding the "-F" flag to mkfs.ubifs. let me know if it helps

Hi Tanya,

This issue doesn't seem to be easy for me to reproduce as it's only
happened to me once in over 12 months of use.
I don't really have any way to verify that the  '-F' space fixup works
or not, and i'm not sure i can use it...
 according to the man page kernel 3.0 is required, and ii'm running 2.6.35.3.

Is there something in the logs which makes you suspect that this
problem is related to the -F 'fix up free space' mechanism ?

Matt