Problem with JFFS2 garbage collector

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Apr 17 12:10:02 PDT 2014

Hello to all.

About a month ago I already wrote here about the problem I have (see below).
At that time 3-4 of list members reacted saying this is the bug and there were
some suggestions for testing/work-arounding it.

I kindly ask people to return to this issue and I am ready to debug the
possible solutions/work-arounds....
The following scenario produces a lot of errors -5 or crashes in the following
case:
After initial flash partition burn from within U-Boot, JFFS2 partition is
mounted RO at fstab, flashes are write protected by HW.

On the first boot I:
- take HW flash write protect off;
- remount as RW;
- make a small update to a small file;
- sync;
- remount as RO;
- HW write protect ON.

At this moment I receive a lot of error -5 messages and sometimes even crash
dumps.
This problem repeats at each sequential boot 5-8 times with each time less
number of -5 errors till it finally is gone.

I will be very thankful to you for any tip what can be done.

Many thanks ahead and best regards
--
Leon