UBI attach, UBIFS mount and blocks writing

Fernando Silveira fsilveira at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:33:28 EST 2013

Hi,

Does a simple UBI attach procedure (e.g. "ubi.mtd=root" at the Linux
cmdline or "ubiattach -m 1") writes something to the flash? What about
a simple read-write mount of a UBIFS partition?

I'm worried about it because my flash has a VERY low limit for
erasing/writing blocks and I'd like to avoid passing read-only
arguments to the "mtdparts" parameter (e.g.
"mtdparts=mynand:8m(boot),-(root)ro") and base only whether I write to
a UBI device or write files to UBIFS partitions in read-write mode.

Regards.

--
Fernando Silveira