UBIFS: power cut test on 2.6.35 + NOR

enrico benetti enrico.benetti at bluewind.it
Thu Jun 27 02:44:23 EDT 2013

Hi All,
I'd need a hint on the best way to go on with my development.

I'm working on a custom target based on 2.6.35.3 kernel with NOR device.

UBIFS R/W partitions seem not robust against power cut tests: I'm using
integck 1.4.9 and I can have unrecoverable errors on tested volume when
performing real power cuts.

First of all, I've done several MTD stress tests to validate the low
level driver.
I've checked git repos, and
http://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.35.git/
<http://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.35.git/shortlog>
is updated to 08/2012 (that is approx 3.7.1 kernel revision) and no more
supported.

  From several discussions on the list I think the best way to solve (or
at least to have a better behaviour with ubi/ubifs) could be to get the
patches from this repo and merge them with my sources.

Do you agree or is it better to do more investigation on current issues?

Thanks in advance for your support,
Enrico