UBIFS failure & stable page writes

Prins Anton (ST-CO/ENG1.1) Anton.Prins at nl.bosch.com
Mon Jun 17 07:20:49 EDT 2013

Thanks Mats for your information; hopefully the 'double free' patches will solve something!

Over here we did run a test over the weekend with 70 devices and the logging as mentioned in previous messages.
(without the 'double free' patches mentioned earlier, this to be able to point to a root-cause).
Next to the logging we did binary analyze LEB9.

The results is that the 70 devices in total had 88 writes to the orphan area of node 0.. (ranging from 0 to 5 node 0 writes on a single device).
We also analyzed the 70 LEB9s which gave the same total of 88 node 0's inside them.

These writes of node 0 did not turn in a reboot-failure or any other problem;
So I expect a second scenario where node 1 is written, but not yet seen in any logging up to now!

Adrian, when will de orphan area be 'cleaned'?
May I analyze it after reboot/recovery as well?

Now we know about our logging of 'node 0'; we will apply the patches and check the log-results in this case.
A subset of our devices; I will keep in the old-scenario to test for node-1 logging (and reboot failures)

Adrian, could there be a way to trigger the problem that the 'double free' patch solves, more often?

Thanks in Advance,

Anton