No pull for mtd?

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 16:45:34 EDT 2013

Hi Huang,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Huang Shijie <shijie8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 05:03:54PM +0300, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
>> I'll change my practice and will start processing patches which have
>> acks from others first.
>>
> For the common code, such as mtd/bbt code, we can give the acks.
> But for the specific drivers, it's better that you merge them yourself.

I have the same issue sometimes (regarding "specific drivers"); it's
actually easier for me (and more rewarding) to review work on the
common subsystem portions than it is to understand (and review) the
exact behavior of a particular driver/hardware. But then again, I
don't expect that Artem has much more hands-on experience with, say, a
pxa3xx or a TI OMAP NAND than you or I do. So we can give general
design and code quality recommendations/reviews even for drivers that
are not "our own."

(At the same time, it's possible I will do some work to get myself
more variety of test boards so I can test a broader range of the
MTD/NAND subsystem.)

Brian