R: UBI corruption on a NOR flash

Norbert van Bolhuis nvbolhuis at aimvalley.nl
Fri Jan 11 06:23:45 EST 2013

On 01/11/13 10:00, Bosi Daniele wrote:
> Norbert,
> thank you very much for your quick support.
> I've downloaded the ubifs-v2.6.32.git linux as you suggested us, but I see a lot a differences regarding UBI with our very old 2.6.24.6 kernel.
>
> Do you think this is the only work we can do? Are there other possible solutions to fix the issue we have? (Like for example applying the patch showed in http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2010-December/033322.html) ?
>
> Thank you again
> Daniele Bosi

I would update to the ubi/ubifs backported v2.6.32 because:
- the ubi/mtd CFI buffer write patch involves several patches, with one or two
   patches/updates lateron
- other NOR flash (power cut) problems were solved as well and you're not sure
   which one hurts you

Actually, we are very lucky Artem still maintains (or maintained?) ubifs-v2.6.32.git
since v2.6.32 is more than 3 years old.

---
Norbert