PMECC capability

Richard Genoud richard.genoud at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 06:17:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've got a (dumb?) question about the error correct capability of atmel PMECC:
Do we have to use the exact error capability required by the nand
chipset or we can use a bigger one ?

use case:
I'm working on at91sam9g35-cm board which require 1 bit per 512bytes
correction and also on a at91sam9g35-cm+phy which require 4bits per
512bytes correction.

If I use for both a 4b/512B correction, this won't hurt ?
There won't be any strange side effect ?

Moreover, as I don't use the OOB data, I could set a 8b/512B correction.
Will it be completely useless ?

Regards,

Richard.

--
for me, ck means con kolivas and not calvin klein... does it mean I'm a geek ?