[RFC] LFTL: a FTL for large parallel IO flash cards

srimugunthan dhandapani srimugunthan.dhandapani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 04:09:34 EST 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:37 AM, srimugunthan dhandapani
> <srimugunthan.dhandapani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the patch!
>>>
>>> Though I haven't read the code in detail, I have a few minor comments to make.
>>
>> Thanks for the comments. This is my first big patch. I have only sent
>> trivial patches before.
>> Sorry for the mistakes
>> I will resend with formatted patch later.
>>
>> I realize the code is not perfect. There are also some very long functions.
>> For this thread, I request people to kindly ignore code format.
>> Some general comments with respect to design, any reference
>> papers/code i should be aware of,
>> or ideas to improve performance(particularly random IO performance)
>>  will be very helpful for me.
>>

> I understand that. However, keep in mind some developers feel uncomfortable
> when looking at badly formatted code and this may hurt the reviewing process.
>
> IMHO, if you want to get feedback, try to ease developers reviewing process
> by making the code as polished as possible.
> Some numbers on how this is performing, comparing against current alternatives
> as ubifs, jffs2, etc. might be useful.
>
> Just a thought!
>
> Good luck,
>
>     Ezequiel

People were asking about what was the flash card that i was using.
It is NetApp FlashCache.

http://www.netapp.com/us/products/storage-systems/flash-cache/

It is currently used as accelaration flash cards.

The card was donated to our college and I did the LFTL as part of my
masters thesis.
thanks,
mugunthan