[RFC] LFTL: a FTL for large parallel IO flash cards

Ezequiel Garcia elezegarcia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 08:11:06 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:37 AM, srimugunthan dhandapani
<srimugunthan.dhandapani at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the patch!
>>
>> Though I haven't read the code in detail, I have a few minor comments to make.
>
> Thanks for the comments. This is my first big patch. I have only sent
> trivial patches before.
> Sorry for the mistakes
> I will resend with formatted patch later.
>
> I realize the code is not perfect. There are also some very long functions.
> For this thread, I request people to kindly ignore code format.
> Some general comments with respect to design, any reference
> papers/code i should be aware of,
> or ideas to improve performance(particularly random IO performance)
>  will be very helpful for me.

I understand that. However, keep in mind some developers feel uncomfortable
when looking at badly formatted code and this may hurt the reviewing process.

IMHO, if you want to get feedback, try to ease developers reviewing process
by making the code as polished as possible.
Some numbers on how this is performing, comparing against current alternatives
as ubifs, jffs2, etc. might be useful.

Just a thought!

Good luck,

    Ezequiel