ubifs_jnl_update and extended attribute inode removal

Subodh Nijsure snijsure at grid-net.com
Thu May 10 19:22:49 EDT 2012

On 05/09/2012 09:31 PM, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 20:19 -0700, Subodh Nijsure wrote:
>> Easy way to describe this is: I create 100 files, assign then extended
>> attribute, and remember what the xattr was, it always stays the same.
>> However now if I delete some of these files randomly some of the files
>> end up having wrong xattr.
> I guess this happens only when you do a power cut? I need to look
> closer, but quick feed-back is that there is probably a bug in the
> journal reply - when we see a deleted inode in the journal - we remove
> it from TNC, and we probably forget to look-up for all its xattrs?
> Really need to look closer.
>
> Would you prepare a description how I could reproduce this?
I re-submitted patches for integck and as well as v3 of extended
attribute patch set that I have been holding on to.

You can just run integck -p -n 2 <dir-name> and that should  reproduce
the issue i.e. integck will fail.

If email thread gets too long I could get on the OFTC #mtd irc chat at
time that works best, to get some guidance.

/Subodh