ubifs_jnl_update and extended attribute inode removal

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:31:02 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 20:19 -0700, Subodh Nijsure wrote:
> Easy way to describe this is: I create 100 files, assign then extended
> attribute, and remember what the xattr was, it always stays the same.
> However now if I delete some of these files randomly some of the files
> end up having wrong xattr.

I guess this happens only when you do a power cut? I need to look
closer, but quick feed-back is that there is probably a bug in the
journal reply - when we see a deleted inode in the journal - we remove
it from TNC, and we probably forget to look-up for all its xattrs?
Really need to look closer.

Would you prepare a description how I could reproduce this?

Please, go ahead with submitting your older patches, do not cook them
forever in your tree. Then you may start working on other issues.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy