ubiformat & linux 3.0.14-rt

Tim Sander tim01 at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jan 16 07:59:48 EST 2012

Hi Artem

Am Montag, 16. Januar 2012 schrieb Artem Bityutskiy:
> On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 11:43 +0100, Tim Sander wrote:
> > > http://git.infradead.org/ubifs-2.6.git/commit/1f5d78dc4823a85f112aaa2d0
> > > f176 24f8c2a6c52
> > > http://git.infradead.org/ubifs-2.6.git/commit/d34315da9146253351146140e
> > > a4b 277193ee5e5f
> >
> > Do you think it is worthwhile checking the ubifs 3.0 backport with the
> > above two cherry-picked?
>
> I've pushed them to the ubifs-v3.0 back-port tree as well. But I think
> they are useless - sorry, I was confused.
Ok i was wondering that logging was causing this cind of behavoir...

> Also, if you say this happens when you run ubiformat - this is something
> about your flash driver. Do you use NOR or NAND? Can you detect which
> interrupt takes too much time? If the theory is that this is your flash
> driver interrupt - can you verify it by injecting some instrumentation
> to the interrupt handler?
This is a arm i.mx35 (pcm43) platform using the nor and nand driver. The
mxc_nand driver is loaded later which seems to be around the same time this
message:
"sched: RT throttling activated" comes up and the ubi on the nand gets
attached. I will see what if i can dig s.t. up with the instrumentation and
will report back.

Best regards
Tim