UBIFS switched to read-only mode after make_reservation warnings

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 07:54:30 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 17:46 +0200, Matteo Mattei wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> continuing the tests on UBI/UBIFS and power cyclings I have the
> following errors (dumping dmesg):
>
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): make_reservation: too many space allocation
> re-tries (123)
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): make_reservation: too many space allocation
> re-tries (124)
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): make_reservation: too many space allocation
> re-tries (125)
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): make_reservation: too many space allocation
> re-tries (126)
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): make_reservation: too many space allocation
> re-tries (127)
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): make_reservation: too many space allocation
> re-tries (128)
> UBIFS error (pid 776): make_reservation: stuck in space allocation
> UBIFS error (pid 776): make_reservation: cannot reserve 4144 bytes in
> jhead 2, error -28
> UBIFS error (pid 776): do_writepage: cannot write page 2075 of inode
> 80294, error -28
> UBIFS warning (pid 776): ubifs_ro_mode: switched to read-only mode, error -28

Please, when sending bug-reports - type dmesg and sent its contents.
You miss stack-dumps. Also, please, have debugging enabled.

> Do you have any idea on what happened and how to fix this?
> Which are the conditions that lead this behavior?

Not really, if you sent more info - could be.  Did you read this:
http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_how_send_bugreport

Is this reproducible?

--
Best Regards,