Query mtd-utils v1.4.9 : flash_erase.c

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:43:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 06:53 +0000, Kushwaha Prabhakar-B32579 wrote:
> A general question why these type of patches are not coming in mtd-utils.
> Is it because going forward UBIFS is the next file system and nobody wants to focus jffs2.

No one would reject good patches which make JFFS2 and related tools work
on modern flashes. Feel free to submit. WRT to the links you posted -
this was long time ago and I do not remember why they were not merged.
But it looks like Stanley wanted to send a new version but never did
that. Please, read the discussion here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.mtd/30476/focus=31352

BTW, I agree with Mike that -j option is misplaced and it wold be
cleaner to create a separate jffs2format tool.

Artem.