UBI/UBIFS issue: corrupt empty space => switched to read-only mode

Ivan Djelic ivan.djelic at parrot.com
Tue Apr 17 04:48:30 EDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 01:32:40PM +0100, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> > Hello Matteo,
> >
> > I have been using a very similar setup (2.6.32 + OMAP3630), and I added BCH support
> > (8-bit correction) to the mtd omap2 driver, using the BCH library (not TI implementation).
> > My patch corrects bitflips on empty space (erased pages), so that UBIFS does not choke on corrupted empty space.
> >
> > I posted a patch a while ago, albeit for a more recent kernel version:
> > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-October/038207.html
> > bit I did not get much feedback from TI maintainers.
> >
> > If you have some trouble backporting this patch to your kernel, let me know, I may
> > have an old 2.6.32 version of the patch somewhere on my hdd :).
>
> If we have a "tested-by" - we can make them go in via the MTD tree. It
> looks like Matthieu successfully tested them?

Yes; I guess I'll need to submit a patch to linux-omap first, because OMAP GPMC related code
(needed for ecc) has been moved from the mtd driver to arch/arm/mach-omap2.
Also, I wrote the patch for 2.6.35, and I don't have much resources to run it on a recent
kernel. If Matteo or anybody interested could test it, that would be great.

BR,
--
Ivan