UBI/UBIFS issue: corrupt empty space => switched to read-only mode

Ivan Djelic ivan.djelic at parrot.com
Sat Apr 14 08:11:05 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 04:20:45PM +0100, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> [...]

Hello Matteo,

I have been using a very similar setup (2.6.32 + OMAP3630), and I added BCH support
(8-bit correction) to the mtd omap2 driver, using the BCH library (not TI implementation).
My patch corrects bitflips on empty space (erased pages), so that UBIFS does not choke on corrupted empty space.

I posted a patch a while ago, albeit for a more recent kernel version:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-October/038207.html
bit I did not get much feedback from TI maintainers.

If you have some trouble backporting this patch to your kernel, let me know, I may
have an old 2.6.32 version of the patch somewhere on my hdd :).

BR,
--
Ivan