nanddump shows all bad blocks

Mike Frysinger vapier.adi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:00:09 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 15:38, Bishop, Mark wrote:
>> Sounds as if the kernel is using a different ECC method to read the
>> data than what u-boot used to write it...
>
> This has nothing to do with the internal ECC being turned on or off on
> the part?

if you're booting off the nand on the bf52x/bf54x, you should enable
CONFIG_BFIN_NFC_BOOTROM_ECC in u-boot and
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_BF5XX_BOOTROM_ECC in the kernel.

if you aren't booting off the nand, you should disable both.

hardware vs software ecc shouldn't matter.  but don't quote me on that :p.

switching between the two modes is easiest by going into u-boot and
running "nand scrub".  obviously that'll erase your nand in the
process, but so it goes ;).
-mike