nand_base.c:nand_get_flash_type() test results

Angus CLARK angus.clark at st.com
Fri Oct 14 11:14:51 EDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 02:57 PM, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 16:26 +0100, Angus CLARK wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> While attempting to add support for some of the more recent NAND devices, I
>> ended up refactoring nand_get_flash_type() code.  The refactoring was primarily
>> aimed at simplifying the way in which the growing number 'READID' decoding
>> exceptions could be accommodated.
>
> Why not to send the refactored code as well?

Well, mostly to avoid criticism of it not being based on the mtd-2.6 tree :-)  I
have attached the file 'nand_id_decode.c' which includes most of the relevant
code.  If there is interest, I am happy to port to mtd-2.6, but testing on this
version would be limited to compilation and nandsim.

Cheers,

Angus