UBI bad image sequence number error

Alex Levin s.alex.levin at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:56:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am working on a mips embedded system, and I'm trying to do is to
read a ubifs image(that went through mkfs and ubinize) from ram - the
CPU that linux runs on doesn't aware that its not from the NAND - I
have changed the NAND access API implementation.
I use a 6 MB static volume (when ubinizing) and I use a 10MiB ram, and
that is the size I pass to the mtd device.

After trying to attach I get the following error:
UBI: attaching mtd0 to ubi0
UBI: physical eraseblock size:   131072 bytes (128 KiB)
UBI: logical eraseblock size:    126976 bytes
UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    2048
UBI: VID header offset:          2048 (aligned 2048)
UBI: data offset:                4096
UBI error: process_eb: bad image sequence number 1726164069 in PEB 47,
expected 648536469
UBI error: ubi_init: cannot attach mtd0
UBI error: ubi_init: UBI error: cannot initialize UBI, error -22

Please help.

Thanks,
Alex.

P.S- if even more information is needed I'd be happy to provide it.