[RFC] Handling of errors for AMD NOR (cfi_cmdset_0002) chips

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Mar 23 12:16:09 EDT 2011

Hi Markus,

> what type of chips are causing your problems?

Two 16-bit Spansion S29GL512P interleaved into 32-bit bus width.

> AFAIK in cfi_cmdset_0002 the use of max timouts from cfi query struct
> is missing (support in the per chip struct is prepared). This should
> be done first (I think).

I don't think we have this problem.  As can be seen by the link provided
in my other mail, we are suffering from recovery problems after a reset,
everything else looks normal.

> Regarding the handling of status bits you can use MERGESTATUS /
> cfi_merge_status (from linux/mtd/cfi.h)
>
> Would it be useful to send rough patches for 2.6.34 for the max timout?

It is always uselful to post patches that solve problems for some of us,
so yes please! ;)

Best wishes
  Detlev Zundel