NAND OOB data.

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Mon Jun 20 13:53:41 EDT 2011

All the other boards apparently are all good (is that normal?), but,
I'm not worried about the NAND having KNOWN bad blocks as this board
is supposed to be mine.

>   You can mark all the blocks as "good", of course, and
>   then exercise the chip a bit, marking bad blocks as you
>   go. You'll probably never achieve the same depth of
>   testing that the factory was able to achieve using
>   voltage, temperature, and timing margining, of course,
>   but the results may be "good enough".
>
>                           Atlant

Okay, so how do I (without the luxury of u-boot), in user or
kernel space, wipe the OOB data?  I'm looking at the code for
u-boot nand_erase_nand right now.  I mean, I'm not above writing
an userspace app that will do kernel level work for me.  I'm okay
with using /dev/mem and screwing with stuff.  Am I on the right
track?  I mean, I hate to go down this road if I'm just heading
for a dead-end.

Andy