[i.MX28 GPMI] problem overwriting all-0xff data in NAND

Huang Shijie b32955 at freescale.com
Mon Jul 18 22:12:20 EDT 2011

hi  Lothar:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 03:13:27PM +0200, Lothar Waßmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> with the gpmi-nfc driver for imx28 from Shawn Guo on a TX28 I
> To be clear, the author of gpmi-nfc driver is Huang Shijie (Cc-ed).
>
> Regards,
> Shawn
>
>> encountered some problems with jffs2 when overwriting pages that have
>> been written with 0xff (e.g. from padding from the file system image
>> file).
The GPMI driver now does not support the JFFS2 very well.
The JFFS2 will write the OOB, while the BCH of GPMI will use the OOB too.
So I have to disable the JFFS2 to use the OOB. I have not finish the
code about it now.

I recommend you use the UBIFS. But the latest version of GPMI driver
meets a DMA bug.
I am debugging the DMA bug now. and I will send it out when i fix it.

Best Regards
Huang Shijie