Testing a device using mtd_stresstest

Arno Steffen arno.steffen at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:59:32 EST 2011

2011/2/10 David Peverley <pev at sketchymonkey.com>:
> Hi Arno,
>
> Is the patch you refer to the addition of dmb() to nand_command_lp()
> that I found discussed on TI's E2E board? :
>  http://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/f/354/p/56710/234039.aspx
>
> Digging around I managed to find someones GIT commit with some description at :
>  http://arago-project.org/git/people/?p=sriram/ti-psp-omap.git;a=commitdiff;h=76319aa1a321c4b5981e412bf489cfb617186c2f

Yepp, that's exactly what helps me. Before that patch it was a nightmare.

I still have one issue with jffs2 - and I don't know - which of the
behaviours is right or wrong.
Generating a jffs2 will end with data , lets say at 0x140 (it's an
almost empty filesystem).  Rest of partition is 0xff. If I do changes
in filesystem it writes blocks of 0x800 bytes, and the not used data
are set to 0x00.
And then I get a message from mdt module, that there is empty flash
between 0x140 and 0x800. As kernel writes always blocks of 0x800 byte,
this message will not occure here.
So does my mkfs.jffs2 should pad from 0x140 .. 0x800 with 0x00 to work
properly? Or does my kernel / mtd driver misbehaves ?
I am courious whether you know, what is right or wrong.