Testing a device using mtd_stresstest

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:12:49 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 13:44 +0000, David Peverley wrote:
> I'm not sure what the implication of this is ; I understand that this
> will cause the subpage test to fail with CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE
> enabled. However, the FAQ I had discounted as we use YAFFS2 and not
> UBIFS. Given that should I still disable the write verify? At the
> moment I'm inclined to leave it enabled as it seems to be regularly
> catching failures that should not occur, such as the stress-test
> failures noted.

I do not know YAFFS, ask Charles, but I _think_ YAFFS does not use
sub-pages, so you han have that option enabled.

For sure, if you do not use sub-pages and it catches problems - have it
enabled and nail the problems down.

> We've also noticed that every so often we see "uncorrectable error:"
> messages from nand_ecc.c - do you have any suggestions as to where to
> start investigating here? So far I can't find a pattern to occurrences
> or a regular way to reproduce.

Not really - this can be incorrect timings or bad HW. I cannot give you
good suggestions.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)