logfs unmount bug

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Tue Aug 16 13:17:07 EDT 2011

On Fri, 12 August 2011 22:56:02 +0530, srimugunthan dhandapani wrote:

> > I wouldn't suspect any code changes to cause the different behaviour.
> > Kernel config and test machine (memsize, etc.) would be more likely
> > candidates.  So if you could try the patch and send me the output,
> > that would be useful.
>
> I tried your patches and I also tried on official kernel release 3.0.1.
> I have shared the bonnie output and logs in  the below link:
>
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BycgLWCW61phNjY0ZDg4ZjUtYzAyMy00YTgwLWFlMmItNjlmZWIzMWFlNGUy&hl=en_US

Are you sure you tried the first patch?  When I grep for
"logfs_invalidatepage", I only find the oopses, not my debug output.

> I did all my tests with nandsim. Are there any problems using logfs
> with nandsim?

Shouldn't be, unless nandsim is corrupting memory in a peculiar and
reproduceable way on your system.

Jörn

--
Unless something dramatically changes, by 2015 we'll be largely
wondering what all the fuss surrounding Linux was really about.