logfs unmount bug

srimugunthan dhandapani srimugunthan.dhandapani at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:26:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

> I wouldn't suspect any code changes to cause the different behaviour.
> Kernel config and test machine (memsize, etc.) would be more likely
> candidates.  So if you could try the patch and send me the output,
> that would be useful.

I tried your patches and I also tried on official kernel release 3.0.1.
I have shared the bonnie output and logs in  the below link:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BycgLWCW61phNjY0ZDg4ZjUtYzAyMy00YTgwLWFlMmItNjlmZWIzMWFlNGUy&hl=en_US

Basically the bonnie test gets stuck , when it does "Create files in
sequential order...".
I did all my tests with nandsim. Are there any problems using logfs
with nandsim?
I hit on another  bug(segment.c:782) by running the following script.
-
#!/bin/bash
for i in $(seq 1 10)
do
	sudo mount -t logfs /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/flash_drive/ ;
	cd /mnt/flash_drive/ ;
	sudo mkdir dir$i ;
	cd ;
	sudo umount /mnt/flash_drive/ ;
done
-
I did a partial analysis. It happens when we do the remount and it
follows the code path "Possibly incomplete write" in check_area()
function.(the area is open and memchr_inv returns non-null pointer).
It tries to do "logfs_rewrite_block", but since the free list is not
filled during this time, it says "LOGFS: ran out of free segments"
bug.
Hope you are able to reproduce this problem.
thanks,
mugunthan