JFFS2 loss of power expectations

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 01:05:41 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm helping debug a system that is running the 2.6.27 kernel with
JFFS2 (with summary) on SLC NAND.  The CPU is a PXA270 (cm-x270), and
appears to be using NAND_ECC_SOFT.  We are experiencing some file
system corruption if we lose power when the system is booting up.
There is some amount of file system activity when udev and other
system components start, but overall there is not much that is being
written to the file system.

A few questions:

1) should this combination be fairly robust to power failure (are
failures expected, or possible)?
2) any suggestions for debugging this?

We have not ruled out hardware problems (power supply, etc).

Thanks,
Cliff