JFFS2 what file is a given node in?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 24 13:53:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 08:52 -0400, Shane Volpe wrote:
> I get the following message:
> <4>Data CRC 0550f35b != calculated CRC 81fbb81c for node at 02aedb74
> I want to find out what file this node is in so I can further
> investigate the corruption, how do I do that?

It's the Data CRC which is failing, so the node header should be fine,
and should happily identify the inode to which it belongs. At 0x2aedb74
on the flash, you'll find a struct jffs2_raw_inode (see
include/linux/jffs2.h for its definition).

It's almost certainly harmless though -- just a poweroff which happened
while the node was being written and before it was even *expected* to
have hit the medium.

--
dwmw2